I saw these over at First Home Love Life and had to make some! This is an excellent DIY project for a winter wedding and a great way to showcase copper. Personally, I’m a fan of mixing the metals, so consider doing some in copper, gold and silver. The results are high impact with minimal effort and only three ingredients needed— that’s what I call phenomenal! Supplies
- Faux Bois Design Inspiration
- Glass Cylinder Vase (Hello, Dollar Tree!)
- White Puffy Paint
- Copper, Gold or Silver Spray Paint (whatever delights you most!)
- See the graphic for faux bois design inspiration or do your own.
- Insert your arm in the tall vase and start to make your design with the other hand, wiggle your wrist to rotate the vase so you won’t make smudges.
- Let it dry overnight.
- In a well-ventilated area (preferably outside), spray one light coat with spray paint. Let dry. Spray a second coat. Turn over and spray the bottom.
- Option: To add greater depth and highlight texture, gently brush on some smoke grey or black acrylic paint and then wipe it off.